Things to Do Near McMinnville, Tenn.
McMinnville's central location makes it an ideal base for exploring beautiful Middle Tennessee.
- Rock Island State Park, Rock Island, 1/4 hour (Twin Falls pictured above)
- Fall Creek Falls State Park, Spencer, 3/4 hour
- South Cumberland State Park, 1 hour southwest
- Old Stone Fort State Archeological Park, Manchester, 1/2 hour
- Barren Fork Greenway and City Parks, downtown McMinnville
- Smooth Rapids Outfitters, downtown McMinnville
- Cotten’s Marina, Rock Island
- Willowbrook Golf Course, Manchester, 20 minutes east
live music and performances
Isha Institute of Inner Sciences, world-renowned mountain retreat to learn classical yoga, 30 minutes southeast
McMinnville has been known for years as the “nursery capital of the world.” There are a multitude of nurseries in this area, but you can start with some of these nurseries open to the public.
civil war History and homes
Historic sites and homes within an hour or two of McMinnville. As history lovers – and old house lovers – we have a long list of places we like.
- Stones River Battlefield, Murfreesboro, 1 hour
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Ft. Oglethorpe, GA, 1-3/4 hours
- Oaklands Mansion, Murfreesboro
- Sam Davis Home and Plantation, Smyrna, 1-1/4 hours
- Carnton, Franklin, 1-1/2 hours
- Carter House, Franklin, 1-1/2 hours
- Lotz House, Franklin, 1-1/2 hours
- The Hermitage, Home of President Andrew Jackson, Hermitage, 1-1/2 hours
- Belle Meade Plantation, Nashville, 1-1/2 hours
- Belmont Mansion, Nashville, 1-1/2 hours
- Travellers Rest Plantation, Nashville, 1-1/2 hours
- Rippavilla Plantation, Spring Hill, 2 hours
- Elm Springs, Columbia, 2 hours
- Historic Rugby, 2 hours